One of Nubik’s values is giving back to the community. We not only encourage individual employees to get involved and support causes they believe in, we also work together as a team to fundraise and volunteer. Community engagement helps us stay connected despite working remotely in our day-to-day.
2016 was a big year of growth for us, and that success flowed over into our efforts to give back. Here are some of the highlights:
- Together with our friends from Salesforce, we participated in Community Day at Moisson Montreal, Canada’s largest food bank.
- In June, we held an arcade event on behalf of Miriam Foundation, which supports people with intellectual disabilities and autism spectrum disorders.
- Another great initiative by Team Nubik: our hockey team placed 3rd in its category during Games for Hope. 100% of the net proceeds raised from this event were shared amongst The Starlight Children’s Foundation – Quebec, Breakfast Club of Canada, and Leucan (Montréal – Laval)
- We donated our time to Foundation Jovia, which sends therapeutic clowns and entertainers into children’s hospitals to brighten their day.
- We broke a sweat at the Lachine Marathon to raise funds for Alzheimer’s Society Montreal.
- We supported two of our employees, Guillaume and Xavier, while they skiied for 24H Tremblant, which benefits three major foundations dedicated to children’s causes, including the Charles Bruneau Foundation, the Senators Foundation and Fondation Tremblant.
- We also cheered on Xavier again when he biked in the Tour Charles Bruneau which benefits the Fondation Centre de cancérologie Charles-Bruneau.
- In December, we collected non perishables for la Guignolé at our Christmas party.
- This year already, and last year, we attended the fundraising events of Suicide Action Montreal.
We at Nubik are pleased to use our passion and energy to support so many important causes.
We already have big plans for 2017, with Kurling 4 Kids coming up and many more!
When we work together, we all benefit.